Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So...

Guess who FINALLY got a job?! And not just any job, the perfect job! I interviewed with a DDS last week, and the whole interview I knew he would be great to work for. He's an LDS dentist (not that I wouldn't be happy working for a non-LDS dentist) and during the interview he actually told me about Elder Worthlin passing away! He saw on my resume that I had received my YW Recognition award (thanks to another girl who encouraged me to put that on it!). Anyway, he called yesterday with the news, and I've been super excited ever since! I will be working for Dr. Kyle Lambert in Cheyenne. Driving back and forth to Cheyenne will be interesting, but with nobody hiring in Laramie it's totally worth it to me. Dr. Lambert is a newer dentist and just bought out an older practice. He updated the whole office with new operatories and digital everything, so that will be nice. I'll be working 2-4 days a week, but it's not for sure when I'll be starting yet. Most likely after the new year. Steven and I are really excited and feel like this is an answer to our prayers. I definitely think I needed to be humbed and remember that Heavenly Father has his own time table, which doesn't always match up with what we think is best for ourselves! If you want to know more about Dr. Lambert and his practice click here.

10 comments:

jsmbbaker said...

Yay! Congrats on getting the perfect job! I am sure having an LDS boss will be easier than a non-LDS boss. That way it won't be weird when it comes to party time, such as Christmas, and they give you a bottle of wine or something! :) Thanks for the comment on the picture. It's hard to find one where we all look halfway decent, so thanks to my sister for being an awesome photographer!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I'm so excited for you. Sounds like he will be a great guy to work for. When I was in Provo working, I worked for a LDS Dentist, and it was such a wonderful atmosphere. Good luck, and have fun!!
Are you guys going to Lovell over the holidays? We might be there for New Years.

Kara said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Lauren said...

That is GREAT news! I'm so glad that something finally worked out for you! :)

Tracy said...

Congrats Dest!! I hope it all works out and it's all you're hoping it to be!! :-)

Bob & Dani said...

Yippee! How exciting! Congratulations, Dest. I'm sure you're feeling relieved. Job hunting can be exhausting. Good luck!

Also, your first Christmas tree looks festivus!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Thats awesome! good luck with everything! i may have to take you up on the piano offer:) maybe we could play a few linda, chauna, ruth, kathy - Christmas tunes... we would need two other people of course! haha

Lisa Brown said...

oh my gosh congratulations! i'm so happy for you!

Kimberly said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

Bob & Dani said...

We would love to get together during Christmas break. We plan to be in Lovell the 20th - 28th. Keep your eyes open for an invitation to a little get together. Let me know if you don't get it before you leave for Lovell. See you soon!