Monday, January 31, 2011

Claire Turns One!!

Miss Claire Abigail turned one last Friday, the 28th! I can't believe how fast that year went! I swear I put a baby to bed Thursday night and woke up to a little girl on Friday morning.Steven had to work that day, so I got to have her all to myself for most of the day. It was a pretty low key but fun day. We had a yummy breakfast of birthday waffles, then later that day went out to my friend's to make her big cake. That evening we all went to dinner with Grandpa Steve and then Steven and I took Claire swimming at the new Aquatic Center. It was the first time we'd been and we thought it was pretty nice. Overpriced, but still nice and the water was the perfect temperature. Claire wasn't too sure at first, but once she got used to the water she LOVED it! She was kicking her feet and waving her arms, almost like a doggie paddle. It was super cute. The she figured out how to splash and was a splashing maniac! It was a fun way to spend her real birthday with just our little family.
My friends Trish and Paula make these super cute outfits with appliqued onesies, leg warmers, and tutus. Perfect for a birthday girl! Unfortunately you can't see just how cute it is because a certain little girl is too busy to let her mom get a good picture!Best pic of the cute little fishy on the front I could get.
Claire's birthday party was Saturday afternoon. We decided that it would be easier and more convenient for everyone to do it then instead of Friday night. We had decided on a butterfly theme, mostly because I had a small butterfly cake pan :) Creative, I know. Like I said before, my friend Evee helped me make the big cake and I am SO grateful for her help! Without it, Claire would've had a pretty lame cake :) I did figure I could decorate her small cake on my own, but clearly you will see in the pictures that cake decorating is not my calling by any means. I think it turned out decent though. I also made the banner, my attempt at being crafty :)

Everyone arrived around 1:00 for the party and we ate a delicious lunch of pulled pork sandwiches and all the fixings. After lunch, Claire opened her presents. She remembered what to do from Christmas pretty well and it was fun to watch her!


And surprise, surprise....she got spoiled. Then we sang Happy Birthday to her. She wasn't exactly sure how to blow the candle out (even though we had coached her) so Treyson and Kennedy helped her. At first Claire was a little timid about digging into her cake, but once I gave her a little taste she was all over it. And she kept eating, and eating, and eating! I'm pretty sure she ate way more chocolate cake than a one year old probably should! We actually had to take it away from her and that, with the combination of nap time approaching fast, really didn't make her happy at all!

Then it was off to the bath and down for a late nap before going to Dylan's basketball games. After she woke up and everyone was gone, we realized in all the craziness we hadn't gotten a picture of all of us together. Lame. Thank goodness for the self-timer! Ugh.

We had a fun couple of days celebrating Claire's birthday and are grateful for all who came. She is surely a loved little girl! Happy birthday Miss Claire! We love you so much and can't believe you are one year old! You bring so much joy to our lives everyday!

5 comments:

Michael and Chantel said...

Yay Happy Birthday to cute little Claire she is getting so big! She looks like she had a good time :) Kyri has one of those cute little tutu outfits too Kristie got it for her and I love it!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I can't believe she is one...time does fly. Before you know it she will be a fifteen year old sassy pants like Natalie;)
Little Claire is so cute...enjoy every moment!

Bob & Dani said...

Happy Birthday, Claire! She's fast on her way to toddlerhood. Glad that you had a great celebration!

Anonymous said...

Hello-

I recently came across your blog and wanted to reach out to you in hopes of you posting about an event that we're particularly excited about at Primrose Schools.

I have an article/event that I would like to submit that is about dancing and how it relates to fitness. Primrose Schools is hosting a Dance Off competition (with proceeds going the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals) for families and I think it is something you and your readers would enjoy!

I look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
Emily Patterson
epatterson@primroseschools.com

coupons Printable said...

Hey
Claire Turns One!!
Appreciate it for this post, I will be extremely thankful to find out these kinds of fantastic information.
Thank you!