Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009


Our Valentine's Day was great this year! We chose to stay at home rather go out and have to deal with the craziness. This summer we went to The Melting Pot for dinner one night and loved it. My brother and sister-in-law gave us a nice fondue set for Christmas, so we decided to have our own little Melting Pot here at home. We bought different kinds of meats and vegetables to cook and found a great broth recipe online to cook them in. We also found some recipes for different dipping sauces like a chipotle mango sauce and a spicy curry sauce. If anybody wants them, let me know and I'll post them, they were yummy. We moved the table into the living room and had a little candle lit dinner while we watched Phantom of the Opera. It's in Denver right now and I really wanted to get tickets, but they were a little too expensive for us right now. So Steven bought me the movie for V-Day instead. He also got me Crash, which is one of my favorite movies, and a big ol bag of candies from the candy store in the mall. He sure knows the way to my heart :) I got him a blue ray, a new Swiss Army water bottle for school, and some treats. It's a good thing we watch a lot of movies, since we both got them for each other! We took pictures, but I'm too lazy to upload them right now. Maybe another day :) We had a great first Valentine's Day as a married couple! It was a great way to celebrate our happiness and love for each other.

6 comments:

Sarah R said...

Destiny, in case you decide you do want to go to Phantom in Denver, I know someone with tickets who can't use them and really needs to sell them. Here is her blog in case you are interested...
http://wyomingfamily.blogspot.com/

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

I love Fondue!! What a fun, romantic night.
Hugs

Trevor & Andrea said...

i think you should post your recipes they sounded way good! sounds like it was a fun day! now i am hungry:)

Bagleys said...

Yo!!! I want those recipes! That'd be awesome! kb.bagley5@gmail.com.

Amber McArthur said...

Hey! I was wondering if I could get your guy's address?

Nick & Lindi said...

Destiny WE HAVE TO get together since you're going to be here! That would be a BLAST!! Let us know what works best for you!! :) Thanks for letting us know! Hope to see you soon!!