Thursday, July 3, 2008

Finally!

Well, after becoming addicted to reading my friends blogs, I've finally decided to create my own! I don't know that our lives are so exciting that they're worth blogging about, but we'll see. I guess I should start with a little bit about us. Steven and I have known each other since we were on the same little league baseball team. I was the token "girl on the team", he hated it and proceeded to tease me for the next few years. Fastforward to high school, his junior year and my sophomore, we started dating. We had a lot of fun in high school and fell in love. In 2003, I graduated and Steven left on his mission to the Philippines. During that time, we both changed quite a bit and decided to break it off. When he returned home, I didn't think much of it until the first time I saw him. I was living in Sheridan for the summer and came home for my dad's birthday. I went to church on Sunday, sat down and looked up at the pulpit and there he was! I felt horrible because my boyfriend at the time was there with me! I realized then that I definitely still had feelings for Steven, but hid them for about 2 more years. On my 22nd birthday, after not talking to each other for an entire year, he called to wish me a happy birthday. We ended up talking for hours, and the rest is history! We spent the summer together and fell in love all over again. We got engaged January 19th and were married May 30th in the Billings, Montana temple. Our wedding day was perfect and something we will never forget! We are currently living in Laramie where Steven has 2 more years of Pharamacy school at UW. I graduated in May from Sheridan College with my degree in Dental Hygiene. I passed the national written board exam in March, and will take the clinical board exam at the end of July in Minneapolis. Then I can begin the process of getting licensed and finding a job! We are finally getting settled in to our new apartment and our new life together and are loving it! We hope that this blog will be a good way to keep in touch with friends and family and are excited to hear about what is going on in each of your lives!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad that you started a blog! It will be fun, I promise. You look gorgeous in your wedding pictures. Keep in touch!

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Hey girl,
I'm glad you started a blog too. I have found so many old friends doing this. Your wedding was so wonderful, and I am glad you let me be a part of it. You were beautiful that day. You are such a wonderful example to Natalie. She looks up to you, and loves you, and so do I. You will always be a little sister to me. We love you tons, and Steven too. Visit my blog, and put me on your list. I'll do the same.
Come visit us sometime soon.

Kara said...

Love your blog Dest! Too cute! Your wedding pictures turned out great, you're such a beautiful girl.

Nick & Lindi said...

YAY!! I'm glad you started a blog! I wanted you to see my wedding pics and I'm getting rid of myspace so Im glad. Your pics are so cute. You looked good dest! I hope everythings going well.

Bob & Dani said...

Hey! Remember me? Congratulations again on your wedding. We are so happy for you and Steve! We really wish we could have been at your wedding. Your pictures look great. How do you like Laramie so far? Have you gotten together with Lindsay yet? It was fun to hang out with her when we lived in Laramie. I'm so happy that things are going well for you guys. Check out our blog if you want to at http://bobanddani.blogspot.com. I am glad that you're blogging. I hope that we can stay in touch.