Thursday, July 24, 2008

Surprise!

Those of you that know me well know that I have a slight tendency to stress and freak out about things way before necessary. Sometimes it gets so bad I make myself sick or get a panic attack...ridiculous, I know. So it really is no surprise that for the past week I've been secretly stressing about my upcoming clinical boards. Turns out, it wasn't as secretly as I thought. Steven came home from work last night with a surprise planned for me to help me relax. I guess that's what I get for marrying someone who knows me so well :) He wanted to take me to the Saratoga Hot Springs for the night! I've never been, but he has and has told me a lot about them. We quickly packed our swimsuits and a couple sandwiches and were on our way. We drove over the Snowys, which I also have never been to. They were really pretty and we scouted out several future camping/fishing spots along the way. There were quite a few people at the hot springs when we got there, so I wasn't sure how much fun that would be but I was pleasantly surprised. We sat and relaxed in the hot mineral water and people watched. There was quite the variety of people there, too. Hippy old people there to "cleanse" themselves in the mineral water, families spending time together, teenage girls flirting with teenage boys, and the one random kid. This kid rode up to the pool on a scooter, and took his shirt (exposing his skinny little body) and socks off. He then proceeded to NOT roll up his pant legs and stick his legs in the water, jeans and all. How strange, but pretty hilarious to watch! We had to alternate between the hot springs and stick our feet in the cold river water every once in awhile because it was so hot. We stayed for about an hour and a half, stopped at a gas station for a drink, and were on our way home. It was such a fun surprise and I'm thankful to have such a creative, thoughtful, and fun husband to help me relax when I really need it! I love you, babe! (Like he'll ever read that :)) Here are some pictures we took, most of which are pretty random and ridiculous!

What a geek, but I love him :)

The mineral water turned my toe ring black...good thing it was like $4

Pouting that we had to leave :(

Notice how red our legs are, it was SOO hot!

We both look pasty white in this picture

3 comments:

Lauren said...

How fun! What a nice surprise from Steven. Glad to know that he's being good to you. ;) Good luck with your boards. I know that you'll pass with flying colors. :)

Kara said...

Jason and I used to do stuff like that all the time before we had kids. After you have kids, it gets a little harder to be spontaneous. Glad that you had a fun time. You make such a good couple.

Nick & Lindi said...

What a sweet hubby you have. :) Don't you LOVE surprises like that? You guys look like you had so much fun. That's awesome! p.s. Cute swim suit :)