Monday, July 21, 2008

Our relaxing weekend

Since Steven and I have been married, I've found a new love for the weekends, especially Saturdays. This is most likely due to the fact that Steven works all week, while I am home wishing I had my license so I could work! Anyway, we had a really run and relaxing weekend. On Friday night we went camping with our friends Ben and Brianna, Josh and Melissa, and Derek and Jessica and their adorable baby Pheonix. We haven't invested in a lot of camping gear yet so we planned on sharing a tent with Ben and Brianna, but Josh and Melissa ended up bringing an extra tent that we used. Our camp site looked pretty cute with 4 little couples tents. I wish I had pictures but, of course, I forgot my camera. We roasted hot dogs, (I brought a sandwich, I refuse to eat hot dogs) told stories, laughed a LOT, played games, and then went to sleep. It was such a pretty night with the full moon and lots of stars out. We woke up and Derek made us breakfast and we packed up and came home. We are so lucky to have made such awesome friends here and we had a great time! Steven and I spent the rest of Saturday relaxing at home, although we did go to the park a couple blocks from our apartment to play catch and then went and got ice cream cones that evening. Sunday mornings at the Hultgren home are always a little crazy, and this week was no exception. Our meetings start at 9, and since Steven gets up early during the week, I usually let him sleep in a little on Sundays. As usual, this resulted in us running around the apartment trying to not be late. So there I was kneeling on the floor in front of our closet reaching for my shoes when all the sudden, WHACK! We have sliding doors on our closet, and my wonderful husband slid the door over to get something out of the other side and sure enough whacked me in the head! It hurt so bad! I have a little goose egg and a pretty big bruise on my forehead. Of course, Steven felt horrible and I tried really hard not to be ticked about it :) Good thing we are in the nursery so the kids were the only ones to see it. The kids showed me their owies, so I showed them mine! We took a nice long nap after church and ate a really good Sunday dinner. My husband spoiled me and cooked dinner Saturday AND Sunday. Looks like I picked a good one! I'm glad we had such a relaxing weekend, because next weekend won't be so relaxing for me, considering I'll be in Minneapolis taking my clinical board exam and will most likely be stressed all weekend! I hope everyone else had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Nick & Lindi said...

Dest your weekend sounded so fun. I know exactly what you mean when you say you LOVE the weekends. I've been complaining that I don't have a job either, but I start today... and I'm a little nervous. So enjoy the weeks when you're not working. LOL!! :) Well it looks like all is well, I hope so! :) good luck in Minneapolis.

Kimberly said...

That's too bad about your head. I knew your story was going to have something like that in it! Danen's done that sort of thing to me before, and I've done the same to him too. Oops! Good luck on your exam.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Just thought I'd say HI:) and wish you Good luck in Minneapolis. miss ya!!!!