Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Heroes and Blues


One night this summer, Steven and I were trying to think of something to do. We ended up going to Hastings to look for something to rent, but couldn't really see anything worth getting. We had heard that Heroes was a good show, so we decided to rent the first disc of season one. Needless to say, we became addicted and ended up buying to first two seasons. We hurried through them so that we would be all caught up for the start of the new season last night. It was awesome!! I tend to get frustrated while watching it though, cuz I always have so many new questions and NO answers! You never know who the bad guys are or what's gonna happen next, but that is why I love it so much, it keeps my attention. Anyway, if you haven't watched this show, I highly recommend it!


So I finally finished up my Wyoming licensure application and took the state exam last Monday. After I finished my exam, the Board secretary told me that the board needed to approve my application and that most likely I'd have my license number by the end of the week. So here we are, over a week later, and I haven't heard a thing. I'm pretty frustrated with the whole process, I hate having to wait on other people. I have a couple possible job offers, but we're just waiting on my license. Those dentists aren't gonna wait forever! And I'm sooooo ready to work and use the skills I've learned. Lately I've just gotten to the point where I drive myself crazy every day trying to find something to entertain myself. Don't get me wrong, I love being a wife and doing the make dinner, do laundry, clean the house thing. I'm just not at a point in my life where I'm satisfied with that being my day to day routine. I'm ready to feel like I went to school for 5 years for a reason. In all reality, I should have just gotten a job right after we got married, but we didn't know what was going to happen throughout the summer, and hind-sight is twenty twenty I guess. I hope nobody thinks I'm just Ms. Negativity all the time now, I just needed to vent. I really am very blessed and have no reason to complain at all, it's just one of those days. But tomorrow is a new day and it will be better! As long as I get a call about my license going through :)

4 comments:

Nick & Lindi said...

Hey Dest, hang in there. I can see why you'd be frustrated. But since you did so well on your exam, you're license will go through just as easy. Things will work out soon. Enjoy the slow days while you can. :)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

It will come soon, and then you will be wishing for a day off;)
We don't watch Hero's, but I saw a couple shows this summer, and was so lost. Which brings me to another show "Lost" I don't get it either;) I'll stick with "Dancing with the Stars", and Grey's Anatomy:):)

Lisa Brown said...

oh man! that sounds awful! of course you want to use your mad skills cause i'm sure you worked DANG hard to get those skills! haha! good luck with everything!

Trevor & Andrea said...

o man that does not sound fun at all! It seems like so much longer when your antcipating something!... About your TV show selection, I dont think I have heard of that one but Trev, Lan (trev's bro) and I got into Prison Break this summer, you should rent seasons 1 &2 and watch it, its GREAT!!! we stayed up til 5 for like 3 days watching it.