Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Husband is a N.E.R.D

He's sitting on the couch...controller in hand...headset on...totally consumed by Xbox. If he were playing football, baseball, or anything sports related I could tolerate it; but he's playing Halo 3. Walking around shooting people. Talking strategy with his friends on the headset. ANNOYING. And it's been going on for a good hour and a half. I think I'm a pretty good wife, I usually don't let the little things bug me. But seriously. It's a little (OK, a lot) much. On the other hand, it gives me time to surf the internet, and if I happen to, by some sort of accident of course, do some online shopping...I'll blame it on his neglecting me :) It's a good thing I love the guy!

6 comments:

Kara said...

Thankfully, since Jason got into Pharamcy school he hasn't played his video games.
But I remember the times when he did. I felt the same way that you do now. I felt loney, I was annoyed, and even got mad. Which was kind of silly cause I bought the dang thing for him in the first place. I guess it isn't much different than all the time I waste on the computer. Since I started my blog, myspace, facebook there have been times when I've neglected Jason. Oh the joys of being married.
My suggestion...keep shopping. When he gets the credit card bill, maybe he'll put two and two together and decide he better spend time with you if he want's to save money ;)
Hang in there!

Bagleys said...

DESTINY!!! My brother and brother in law and HUSBAND are the SAME WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's sooo funny! lol, just tolerate it... it won't change. :) Lol, you can come chill with me though!!! :)

Bagleys said...

Oh and Dest... in answer to your question... the session wasn't in Chinese, but in English and the Chinese people that were there had headsets that translated it into Chinese. Cool, eh?!

Bob & Dani said...

It's okay Dest. Steve's a nerd but so is every other man when it comes to gaming. I've been plenty annoyed with Bob when he "can't" stop playing. Boys!!

Brook said...

Hey Destiny, Just wanted to say hello! I am glad that my husband isn't in to video games (he has too many things he's into anyway). I know I wouldnt' be as nice as you:) I agree with Kara, keep shopping:)
Your wedding pictures are beautiful!! You two are so cute together! I am so glad that you got married!

Kelly said...

Here's an idea..... instead of complaining, go play with him. I'm a girl and a gamer and thus am able to spend a lot of quality time with my husband doing something that is fun and entertaining. Halo is an awesome game, you should try it out.