Monday, September 8, 2008

Stupid? Or Accident Prone?

You know those T-shirts that say "I'm with Stupid" with an arrow? Yeah, Steven totally needs one. I admit to being somewhat ditzy once in awhile, but after last Friday, maybe I'm just stupid. Steven's school schedule this semester is great. He has classes Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday with Tuesday and Friday off. He usually works on those days off. Friday he was scheduled to work from 3-9, so we decided to run some errands before he went to work. Somehow, this turned into a ridiculous argument about who knows what, and when he left for work I was still a little ticked. So a few hours later, he sends me a text message saying something along the lines of "You're not even worried if I'm alive or not". By this time I was over whatever it was we were arguing about and trying to be funny sent him a text message back that said "Unless a terrorist suddenly decides to bomb Walmart, I'm sure you're safe". Yeah...DUMB! Turns out, there were not one, but TWO bomb threats at Walmart on Friday! They had to evacuate the whole store twice and send the bomb squad in. Yep....that's what I get for trying to be funny. Luckily, he really was fine :) So that was stupid thing number one, now on the stupid thing number two. After a fun night of watching season 4 of The Office, we got ready for bed, brushed teeth, said prayers, etc. Steven laid down on his pillow, I went to follow and WHACKED the side of my face on his elbow. Not really sure how it happened, but it hurt so bad and there was instantly a huge goose egg by my left eye! I couldn't decide if I wanted to cry or laugh...the laughing won. And to make it worse, we have NO ICE so I have to use a popsicle!


Pretty, huh? It actually looks worse now!


And this is what I did a few months ago to the same eye, by simply opening my car door :) Steven and I decided that I'm not so much stupid, just very much accident prone! I clearly need to be more aware of myself and my surroundings! I think the fact that I never broke a bone, had trips to the ER, etc when I was younger is catching up with me. Hopefully, our kids won't inherit this trait from me. That could get expensive!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

That looks so painful! Ouch! That is so sad, Dest. I probably would've bawled my eyes out! Crazy about the bomb threats. Yikes!

Kara said...

Definitely accident prone. That eye looks like it hurts. You'd fit right in with the Reasch family. It's amazing how accident prone we all are. We even have name for it....Reasch Magic. I could spend hours telling stories. I suggest you stalk up on bags of frozen veggies so you're always prepared.
Glad to hear no one was hurt in the bomb threats.

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

OUCH!!!! Hope it gets better soon. We had a bomb threat at our Wal-Mart a couple Christmas's ago. Everyone had to leave all there Christmas finds in their carts, and they couldn't go back in for a few hours. Ends up it was a Wal-Mart employee who wanted the night off for a Christmas party. CRAZY PEOPLE!!!!!

Kimberly said...

That whole post would be funny if it wasn't so sad! Glad everyone's safe from bombs, and hopefully your wounds are healing from all the accidents!

Nick & Lindi said...

Wow, that looks very painful. And the Walmart story is just crazy that you could joke about that and then it happened. Accident prone... yes! Stupid... no!

jsmbbaker said...

Ha ha ha, okay I'm laughing because I did the EXACT same things last night, but luckily, I got away without a bruise! But Jaran also jerks a lot when he sleeps and has whacked me in the nose on many occasions, so I'm sort of used to being injured!:)